Whether it is home, office, shopping malls, theatres or any public place, nobody likes to be in unclean surroundings. Our health and overall well being depends upon the levels of hygiene that we maintain. Dirty and unclean surroundings are the breeding grounds of various disease causing pathogens. A majority of illnesses are caused owing to unhygienic living conditions. Poor health affects our personal, professional and social life. From absenteeism in offices and schools to missing on the important events, living in unclean surroundings make us miss out on various important things in life.
We all love to have clean houses and offices, but have we ever thought about our cleaning industry? Cleaning industry in the US can be broadly characterized into three main categories –
- Building and ground cleaning and maintenance
- Janitors and cleaners (including first line supervisors)
- Maids and housekeeping
The number of people employed in the cleaning industry range is approximately 725,000, with average annual median salaries ranging from $26,930-$48,560. The US cleaning industry is a high growth industry. The major contributors to its growth include commercial contract cleaning and maintenance services, small operators and franchised outlets, carpet upholstery cleaning services, as well as, many independent and small cleaning companies. Below are some interesting facts about the US cleaning industry –
- Average annual salary of a septic tank sewer/pipe cleaner is $35460.
- 10% of the cleaning revenue is earned by carpet and upholstery cleaning services.
- Average rate of cleaning in New York range from $95-$180 for a 900 sq ft 2 bedroom and 3 room house to $250-$400 for a huge 9 room two story home.
If you want to keep your belongings clean, it is advisable to hire the best cleaning services that offer a comprehensive range of cleaning services.