Sanitizing and Disinfection Services for Home and Office – NYC
Get peace of mind with a thorough sanitization and disinfection of your home or office. NY Brite, a trusted name in residential and commercial cleaning in NYC for over 20 years, has crews trained and equipped to properly sanitize and disinfect all or part of your workplace or living area.
- NY Brite uses disinfectants approved by the EPA for killing the SARS-COV-2 virus that causes COVID-19.
- Our team changes into fresh PPE and disinfects their equipment and products before entering your premises
- For our clients’ safety, we follow strict protocol for mask-wearing and social distancing
Your safety is our top priority!
Learn how NY Brite is protecting our customers from COVID-19 during cleaning visits.
Disinfecting and Sanitizing Service FAQ:
What is the difference between cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing?
Cleaning uses soap and water or detergent to remove germs from surfaces and objects. It doesn’t kill germs, but cleaning reduces the number of germs present, lowering the risk of infection.
Disinfecting uses chemical substances which kill germs.
Sanitizing reduces the number of germs on surfaces and objects to a level which is deemed to be safe by public health standards or requirements. This is done via cleaning, disinfection or a combination of both.
What surfaces should be sanitized and disinfected?
All surfaces that are touched frequently, especially those touched by multiple people, should be cleaned and disinfected.
Are cleaning and disinfecting effective practices against COVID-19?
While COVID mostly spreads between people via breathing, speaking or coughing, surface transmission is possible if you touch a contaminated surface and then touch your own eyes, nose or mouth. If products listed on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) List N: Disinfectants for Coronavirus (COVID-19) are used correctly, cleaning and disinfecting can kill and reduce the presence of SARS-CoV-2 on surfaces, reducing the risk of infection.
Do I need to disinfect my office/workspace if it has been unoccupied for 7 days?
According to the CDC, if your business or workplace has been unoccupied for 7 days or more, normal cleaning is sufficient. The virus that causes COVID-19 does not survive on surfaces for longer than 7 days.
What protective measures should I take while using disinfectants?
Disinfectants contain powerful chemicals which are very effective at killing germs but can also pose a health risk if not used properly.
- Read the product label, paying special attention to warnings, precautions and instructions
- Follow product directions for the proper use and storage
- Wear gloves and consider eye protection if there is a splash risk
- Make sure you have adequate ventilation (ex. an open window.)
- Never mix cleaners and/or disinfectants. Many of these substances can create chemical reactions that can cause serious injury when combined.
Hiring a professional cleaning service with trained technicians, like NY Brite, is a safe and time-saving alternative to trying to do it yourself.